Life Garden Guides >
Worship/Prayer > Key Scriptures On Prayer
Key Scriptures On Prayer
Prayer is the foundation of Christian living. Intercession is
praying for others, as Jesus does for us to our Father. Thus, when
we pray to Father, we end by saying, "in Jesus' Name, we pray." *
All scriptures: King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. Go to
more on prayer. May the following scriptures on prayer touch you.
- This verse follows the scriptures on the armor of God, which we should put on daily:
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto
with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" (Eph. 6:18)
- "If my people, which are called by name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my
face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive
their sin, and will heal their land. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears
(attentive) unto the prayer that is made in this place" (2 Chr. 7:14-15).
- "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love the" (Ps.122:6).
- A prayer for mercy (Ps. 123)
- "And when we stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught (anything) against any: that your
Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses" (Mark 11:23-25).
- The Lord's Prayer, taught by Jesus, to His disciples: "And he said unto them, When ye pray,
say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy
will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive
us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into
temptation; but deliver us from evil" (Luke 11:2-4).
- "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:17).
- "Is any among you afflicted? let him pray...Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders
of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have
committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another and pray
for one another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man
availeth much" (James 5:13-16)
Note: the prayer of faith includes the one sick and the elder's prayers
- "The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is
his delight" (Prov. 14:8).
- "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as
we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be
uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because
he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God (Rom. 8:26-27).
- "And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye
shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you...At that day ye shall ask in my
name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:" (John 16:23, 26). *